Pilates is a series of exercises that improve your posture and core strength. It’s often performed on a mat, but there are other ways to do it. This three-week Pilate body makeover will help you see results in just three weeks! Your three week series of Pilates can only be successful if Pilates reformer Northern Beaches is your instructor.
Week 1 is about getting you into the right mindset and preparing your body for the next two weeks. It’s also an opportunity to work on some of the more challenging exercises, like rollups and squats.
The main goals of this week are:
- To increase flexibility in your upper back, chest and shoulders so that they can move more freely during the rest of your workout
- To strengthen your core muscles (abdominals) so they can better support your spine during movement
- And finally–and most importantly–to learn how to breathe properly while doing Pilates exercises!
In week two, you will be doing the same exercises as in week one, but at a more advanced level. This will help you build strength and flexibility in your body. The following are some of the exercises that you can do:
- Pilates mat exercises: These include plank variations, leg lifts, crunches and side bends.
- Pilates chair exercises: These include bent knee sit-ups (with feet on floor), curtsy lunge stretch (left side) and curtsy lunge stretch (right side). The goal is to have good posture while doing these movements so that they don’t cause strain on your back or neck muscles!
- Pilates ring exercises: These include shoulder rollbacks with resistance bands around ankles (#1) or wrists (#2) for beginners; shoulder rolls using only arm movement without using bands at all for intermediate-level exercisers; shoulder rolls using both arms AND legs together if desired by more advanced participants such as those who have completed their own beginner/intermediate program successfully before trying out this one – just remember that starting slowly is probably best!
Week 3: Make it last.
- You’ll be wrapping up this program with a focus on maintaining your results and preventing injury.
- Review the recommended equipment and props you’ve been using throughout each week, then make sure that they are accessible in your home.
- Schedule an appointment with a Pilates instructor or physical therapist if you have any lingering issues or concerns about your body before beginning this final week of exercise.
A three-week Pilates body makeover.
The three-week Pilates body makeover is designed to help you achieve the results you want in three short weeks. Each week focuses on a different area of fitness, so you can focus on one aspect at a time and see how your body responds before moving onto the next phase.
Week 1: Strength and flexibility
This week is all about building strength through your core muscles–your abdominals, lower back and pelvic floor muscles. Pilates exercises also help improve balance as well as flexibility in your hips and spine with stretches such as side leg raises (which will help strengthen your outer thigh muscles) or knee bends (to stretch out hamstrings).
If you’re looking to get in shape, build strength and tone up your entire body with Pilates, then this is the program for you. Three weeks may seem like a long time but trust me when I say that it will fly by! You’ll be amazed at how much progress you make in such little time.